11882 State Highway 75 Unincorporated Blaine County, ID 83340 MLS# 16-320217 7 beds | 9.5 baths | 14829 sqft
1 / 50
Property Description Frederick Fisher designed architectural estate on 18 acres on Bigwood River. 7 bdrms in separate wings,. Dream home for collectors w dedicated gallery & dramatic art spaces. Plus 2 bdrm caretaker house. In aspen forest w paths to river for fly fishing. .Minutes to airport, skiing, resort amenities in a protected natural environment. Adjacent 33 ac available. Truly a protected paradise.
Location, Tax and Misc
Current Price: $17,500,000
Street Number: 11882
Street Name: State Highway 75
Zip Code: 83340
Subdivision: Riverview Ranches
Legal: Riverview Ranches Lot 3 Blk 1
Assessor's Parcel #: RP004980000030
List Price: $17,500,000
Tax Year: 2016
Green Features: No
Lot / Acreage Info
Parcel Acres Apx: 18.65
Parcel SqFt Apx: 811522.8
Parcel Size Per: Assessor
Remarks & Misc
Excluded Items: All personal property and art
Possession: On Closing
General Property Description
New Construction: No
Sub Type: Single Family Residence
Realtor.com: Residential - Single Family
Studio/Loft: Plus Loft
Total SqFt Livable: 14829
SF Asry Dwell Det: 1285
SF Garage: 2831
SF Per: Assessor
Year Built: 1997
Geo Lat: 43.550286
Geo Lon: -114.336057
Directions: West side of Hwy between Deer Cr Rd and Hailey
Zoning: BC/R-5; BC/R-1; BC/R-10
Road Surface: Paved
Road Access: Public
Water: Individual Well
Features Exterior: Balcony; Deck; Greenhouse; Horses Allowed; Hot Tub/Spa; Play Structure; Porte Cochere; Views
Features Interior: Cathedral Ceiling; Fireplace Wood; Gas Log Lighter; Sauna; Steam Shower
Items Included: Dishwasher; Dryer; Hood Fan; Oven - Gas; Range - Gas; Refrigerator; See Realtor Remarks; Washer
Water Heater: Gas
Exterior Finish: Stone/Rock; Wood
Roof: Membrane; Metal
Other Disclosures: CC & R's; Flood Plain
Re: Point's of Interest
• Completed May 1998
• Builder: Gary Storey w/Storey Construction
• Architect: World Renown; Fred Fisher. Fred has built museums all over the United States and other large homes through out the U.S.
• The house was built with the concept in mind that it would be "timeless" to never feel dated. Some of the design features to accomplish this are: no moldings or trimmings on windows, no baseboards on floors, using the same tile, slate and stone through out the house, etc.
• Used the vernacular of the west. The materials are all local to the west.
• 100-year-old fir wood was purchased and milled for the home. This wood is used on the floor through out the house and on the siding of the house. Also used on the round dining room table.
• A Blue Stone from England is used in the master bath
• Kitchen counter is a blue stone from Maine
• The windowpanes used on the front entry door, dry sauna door and divider doors are 100-year-old windows from England. They are referred to as "lights"
• There are 5 Molesworth doors through out the house. The doorframes were sized to fit the doors rather than cross the integrity.
• The black horse rail located at the kitchen door is also Molesworth.
• Two of the guest bathroom vanities are made from 100-year- old antique cabinets
• The rock from the fireplace mantel is cut from the rock deck off of silo.
• 7 bedrooms (including master bedroom) with full bathrooms including 4 Jacuzzi tubs, 5 bedrooms with black out shades
• Master bedroom equipped with drop down movie screen and surround sound system
• Master bathroom has 2 walk-n closets with floor safes, 2 vanities, Steam shower, custom built bath tub for 2, power toilet, bidet, and 2 heated towel racks
• 5 Powder rooms
• Great room, Entertainment Room and Master Bedroom have electric window coverings
• 2 offices
• 3 Car garage
• All garage doors on both the Main house and Caretaker house are custom designed and built. They open to the side rather than up and down.
• The art gallery and gallery storage could be remodel into 2 guest bedrooms and bathrooms or used as a large party area with the service kitchen located right next to it.
• Indoor spa area with massage room, steam room, dry sauna, Jacuzzi, English Antique marble columns, shower and gym
• Outdoor top deck lap swimming pool and Jacuzzi
• Cabinetry through out the house is all Cherry wood
• The walls are raw plaster. They have plywood walls behind to hold art. Some of the raw plaster has been painted over time.
• Restaurant design kitchen. Walk-in refrigerator and freezer. 6 drawer refrigerators, breakfast refrigerator, 2 drawer freezers, built in wok, large rotisserie oven, pizza oven, warming drawer, Convection oven, microwave, Dynasty Range with double oven, 2 dishwashers, 2 sinks, multiple cooking and baking islands, small appliance cabinet, built-in espresso machine, 3 wine cellars, large pantry
• 2 full wet bars equipped with sinks, ice makers and sub zero fridges
• Entertainment room with drop down movie screen, surround sound system, black out shades, media cabinets
• 4 fireplaces
• Large sliding doors in Great room, Spa, Art Gallery and hallway all slide into walls making the outside part of the inside
• Sound system through out entire house
• Night-lights and security lights through out house. All lighting can be program
• Large laundry room to accommodate the size of the home
• Central Vacuum through out the house
• 4 Triangle Boilers to heat and cool houses, pool and Jacuzzi's, hot water and snow melt. The house is heated and cooled with water running through the pipes under the floors and then vented forced air. The bathrooms and spa have radiant floor heat. Master bedroom and Entertainment room have their own units to be able to have heat or air conditioning any time of the year. The garage floors are all heated when running heat.
• Caretaker house w/ 3 car garage, 2 bedrooms and 1 ½ bathroom
• Snowmelt on driveway and entryways
• Green house, operational year round
• Gated entry
• The outside landscaping and acreage has been kept as natural as possible to not disturb the wild habitat
• Rock weeping wall is designed to look like the water is weeping from the pool above flowing down into the trough.
• There is a sprinkler system through out the entire inside of house in case of fire
• There are 5 pumps under the main house and 2 pumps under the caretaker house to pump out water during periods of high water table
• House is designed around the courtyard with the concept in mind of protecting the interior garden
• House is situated so the main view is of the mountains
• There are numerous pathways through out the forest for walking and ATV
• Generator located in Caretaker garage which during a power outage runs some outlets in the kitchen, refrigerators and freezers, lights in kitchen and lights and some outlets in Master Bedroom
• Well water with 3 large holding tanks to filter water before entering the house
• Creek flows around the house and island. The island could possibly be converted to a pond
• The house has been published
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties. This serves as notice to those using the website that they may not use the data found here as a basis for a business enterprise. Information provided by Sun Valley Board of Realtors Multiple Listing Service is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Property of the Sun Valley Board of Realtors.
Information provided by Sun Valley Board of Realtors Multiple Listing Service is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. The information on this sheet has been made available by the MLS and may not be the listing of the provider.